Belarusian State University hosted the 6th coordination meeting of the HARMONY project.
Belarusian State University hosted in Minsk the 6th coordination meeting of the HARMONY – Development of approaches to harmonization of comprehensive internationalization strategies in higher education, research and innovation at EU and Partner Countries – project, on December 5th-9th 2017.
The meeting consisted of 3 events:
- 6th of December – International conference “Internationalization strategies and action plans in modern university”
- 7th of December – HARMONY project meeting
- 8th of December – trainings workshop “Effective management of academic mobility at university”
Its worth to be mentioned that apart from HARMONY partners more than 40 participants from 19 HEIs of Belarus attended International conference and trainings workshops.
The first day of the meeting was devoted to presentation of internationalization strategies and action plans of the HEIs from Armenia, Belarus and Russia. Partners had fruitful discussion about prospects and common challenges HEIs are facing today and how internationalization tools allow to tackle existing problems. Also Tool kits and recommendations on the Work Package 4 were presented by Kassel University and International Centre for Innovations in Science, Technology and Education, and followed by joint discussion.
On the Second day Coordination meeting was held. During this meeting HARMONY partners discussed the progress of project and recent / future developments as well as its third year of implementation, and next foreseen activities. In particular, the following topics related to project implementation were discussed:
- Project reporting and prolongation;
- Discussion on schedule of project deliverables;
- Discussion of ideas on upcoming training session in Instituto Politécnico de Tomar;
- Implementation of quality control Plan;
- Upcoming monitoring of Project by NEO in Penza State University;
- Implementation of dissemination and exploitation plan: project book, project sustainability measures, final conference.
At the end financial issues were discussed with financial coordinator during the video-conference.
On the last day of the Meeting the Training workshop was held. It was supported by NE+O in Belarus and attended by 21 IRO staff members form 19 HEIs of Belarus. The trainings had a form expert presentations followed by practical assignments done in groups. First assignment was about writing motivation letter using some specific approaches. The second assignment was carried out in the form of game where groups had to make evaluation of candidates toward 2 key criteria: 1) motivation and 2) quality of study abroad plan. The final discussion was aimed at analyzing methodologies applied in selection procedures and solutions to enhance the quality (fairness?) of evaluation.
All presentations and related materials are available on-line at HARMONY project web-site (https://erasmusharmony.ning.com/) as well as on the Belarusian National web-portal on internationalization www.inter.bsu.by and BSU academic mobility portal www.mobility.bsu.by